5 Breathtaking Historic Pictures Of New York. Don't Miss Them! July 09 2014
1) Bandit's Roost, Jacob Riis, 1888
Taken on Mulberry Street these men are supposedly a vicious gang that terrorized Five Points.
2) Ice skating in Central Park, J.S. Johnson, 1890
The opulent apartment building in the background is the famous Dakota (lately the residence of John Lennon), on 72nd street.
3) Anonymus, the top of the Woolworth Buinding
The Gothic Revival skyscraper, designed by Cass Gilbert, was dubbed the ""Cathedral of Commerce".
4) Lunch atop a Skyscraper, anonymus, 1930 ca.
Most important NYC picture ever, about contributions the emigrants gave to build the city of dreams.
5) NYC Grand Central Station, anonymus, 1929
Grand Central Station is one of the most iconic building in the city, don't miss it if you visit New York.